T. & G. Payne moves into 28-34 Fortess Road in Kentish Town, the site of The Pianoworks.
The Piano Journal describes Kentish Town as: “…that healthful suburb dear to the heart of the piano maker”.
T. & G. Payne wins the gold medal at the famous Glasgow Exhibition.
1940 – 1941
London lives through “The Blitz”. The prominent building at 28-34 Fortess Road is one of only a few buildings in Kentish Town that remains untouched despite a bomb landing only a few yards away at Fortess Grove.
The London based development company “ELPO Group” purchases the site at 28-34 Fortess from its current occupier “Major Travel”.
Building works are underway to create “The Pianoworks”, a new landmark in Kentish Town.
Building works are completed and 15 exclusive boutique-style apartments go on sale to the public..